White Coat Ceremony and the BIG REVEAL

Sunday, July 23, 2017




I have some exciting news to share with you all today (it may have something to do with finally telling y'all where I go to school ;) stay tuned). If you've been following along on my Instagram stories, you know that this Friday we had our White Coat Ceremony at school!!


Getting this white coat was so surreal because it made starting clinical rotations in a few weeks much more real to me. It also made me realize that I will no longer just be studying day in and day out and that my patients are going to be a big, big part of my life from here on out. Before this day, I didn't think the ceremony was a that big of a deal. But once it started, it made me reflect on how hard my classmates and I have all worked for the last 15 months and just how blessed we were to be sitting there receiving our white coats, being recognized for our achievements throughout the last year. It was so special to have all of our friends and families (aka our pillars of strength and our biggest cheerleaders through life and didactic) coming down to celebrate this milestone with us.

Afterwards, the celebration moved off campus where I was surprised with this awesome cake (above) by my sister and a beautiful dinner at Maggiano's Little Italy! Shout out to everyone who helped my sister plan the surprise evening for me; you guys did a wonderful job at making me feel loved and so special :). Also a big thank you to my parents and family who have been so, so patient with my absence and understanding and supportive of me as I went through didactic. Couldn't have made it this far without you guys!

Now onto what you really wanted to know all along: the PA school I go to! Before I do that, let me explain why I put off sharing this until now. In the beginning, I was very hesitant to start this blog and share a part of my life on the internet. I am a private person by default, so sharing a lot all at once for anyone across the world to read was quite overwhelming and honestly even a little scary for me. But I was and am passionate about wanting to share my experiences with future/current PA students and doing my part in spreading awareness about the PA profession. Therefore, I decided to keep certain parts of my private life private until I felt comfortable enough to share more. You guys have been nothing but supportive and understanding of that decision and I want to thank you all for being patient and staying with me through this journey!

Now that we have out of the way, without further ado, the PA program I go to is (drumroll) ... Trevecca Nazarene University in Nashville, TN! It is such a joy to be a part of a wonderful program, with faculty and staff who care not only about the education we get, but also about the kind of PAs we will become and our well being throughout the program. The friends I have been blessed enough to get to know and love throughout this last year are so dear to my heart. Shout out to them for always having my back and for being my sanity, support system, and comic relief through didactic. So there you have it folks :). Now here are some pictures from the white coat ceremony for you all to see!











Thank you all for allowing me to share my thoughts and experiences, for your positivity and support, and for reading along and putting up with me even though I go MIA from time to time. You guys have made this journey so much fun and I look forward to sharing my experiences on here throughout the clinical year.  Family Medicine rotation here I come!



You can subscribe via email or find me on Bloglovin' to make sure you never miss a blog post! You can also follow me on Instagram get more frequent updates about my PA school experiences.

No comments :

Post a Comment