A first for everything

Thursday, February 18, 2016




Welcome everyone :) This is my first post on my first blog! I've been following a few blogs for a while now but never thought I would want to start one myself. My main motivation for this blog was to be able to "process and share my journey" as one of my best friends put it. When I started looking into the PA profession, trying to figure out if it's something I would want to commit to for the rest of my life, I didn't know any PAs or anyone who was currently in PA school. After calling almost every clinic and hospital in my town, I heard back from one PA who was willing to let me shadow him. Excited and eager to get my feet wet, I took the opportunity and set out to buy my first set of scrubs! 
Once I decided to apply to PA school, reading other people's experiences helped me understand what to expect and what all I had to look forward to! 

In early summer of 2015, I applied to PA school and got my first interview invitation in August. I still remember opening that email in Kroger and running to my mom to share the news with her. It involved some jumping up and down and squealing on my part, which is very uncharacteristic of me. But when you get something you've been waiting for a long time, jumping up and down with joy seems very natural. 

The program I will be attending was my third interview and honestly the last place I expected to get in. When I first applied there, I knew that there was a possibility that I might not even get an interview because of how competitive the program is. But with the program's reputation, foundation, and proximity to my hometown, I decided to go ahead and try my luck by applying. I am so blessed to have gotten into my top choice and feel that I'm heading exactly where I need to be.


We got our first round of emails two weeks ago with a calendar for our didactic and clinical semesters, so I'm expecting a lot of paperwork and financial aid stuff to kick in the next few weeks. Stay tuned for more exciting updates as we get closer to our start date in May. 


Thank you so much for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your thursday! 


4 comments :

  1. Congrats! Where will you be attending PA school?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joise! Due to privacy reasons I'm not willing to share the name of my program, but it's somewhere in the south :)

      Delete
  2. did you work prior to going to PA school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worked as an anatomy and physiology tutor for 3 years (during underground and another year during my gap period) before PA school but I did not work in the medical field if that's what you are asking.

      Delete