Hello Spring!

Thursday, March 10, 2016



Hello all! It's been a pretty fun past few days as I've been on spring break since last friday. I work as an anatomy and physiology tutor at a university and so when they're out of school, I don't have to go in to work. It's a pretty sweet deal. I had one of my best friends visit me this past weekend and we pretty much spent the entire weekend pigging out, pleasing our tastebuds, and attempting to shop! I say attempting because we visited three different malls in one day to find the things we were looking for and didn't even end up buying as much. That's a lot for a person like me who despises going to the mall. All in all, I look at it as a pretty successful trip because I bought a top for less then $14 at Loft :)
It was raining the day I had my PA school interview so my interview group didn't get to really see anything but the building we'd be in and our cadaver lab. Since this past weekend was so warm and sunny, we went to explore my new campus. I am in LOVE with the library! I feel like I'm off to a great start as most of my time studying will be spent in there. It is such a beautiful campus and I can just see myself going for a walk during breaks in between classes.

I also made my first big girl furniture purchase this past weekend! I actually went furniture shopping for someone else's new house and ended up buying a couch for my new abode. My dad and I went to pick it up and moved it in. 

On the school side, my class received an email from our academic coordinator with a list of textbooks we'll be needing for all semesters of PA school, and boy was I overwhelmed at first. But once I started to look up the books and purchase them, I resumed to be excited about starting PA school.

We also got a breakdown of how the classes will be set up and this is what the Summer I term will look like:
  • Medical Ethics
  • Research Methods and Designs in Medicine
  • Introduction to the Profession
  • Applied Anatomy
  • Medical Physiology and Pathophysiology I
Needless to say, it's going to be an anatomy & physiology heavy semester! Once classes start, I will give an update on each class and it's structure. I'm glad I recently bought the Clinical Pathophysiology Made Ridiculously Simple by Dr. Berkowitz since it will come in handy soon! 

Background checks, immunizations, physicals and all the fun paperwork begins next week. Have I ever mentioned that I'm one of those weird people that actually likes (a reasonable amount) doing paperwork? It just gets me excited since its one of the first steps of starting something new! If I could make a good salary being a secretary, I would love to file and organize paperwork and have the best kinds of stationary in my office. That is still going to happen for my own home office but it's still a work in progress. 

It's been raining where I live for two days now and has been very gloomy and cloudy. At least it's a TGIT night (aka let Shonda rip my heart out once more with Grey's and Scandal).

Thanks for stopping by :)



No comments :

Post a Comment