The Summer Before PA School

Friday, April 29, 2016




I am officially 26 days away from PA school orientation! Yesterday was my last day of work as an undergraduate A&P tutor and it was such a bittersweet day. However, as much as I loved being a tutor, I'm ready to move forward and start the next journey of my life. I've heard a lot of advice in respect to some DOs and DONTs before starting PA school and most of it goes hand in hand with what I had planned.
Studying in order to prepare for PA school has been definitely on the DON'T list  except for those occasional gunners out there (to each their own). Being an A&P tutor for 3 years will definitely come in handy, so I'm counting that as an advantage and leaving it at that.

This week my parents hosted my going away dinner with our family friends and it was really wonderful to see everyone who showed up for me. My mom made all my favorite food and we had a great night pigging out and catching up with each other.

Pre PA School Summer Bucket List

Binge watch Netflix
Spend time with close friends and family
Try new recipes I've been saving on Pinterest
Catch up on the movies I missed
Read more books (not school related)
Do at least one of the craft projects I have pinned
Go through and donate/throw away unnecessary items
Travel with my college roomies to our favorite city
Visit friends I haven't seen in a while
Shop for & move into my new place
Start packing a little each week
Start buying books & medical school supplies
Spend time outside (& pray my allergies don't kill me)
Sleep!
Relax & enjoy my free time :)

2 comments :

  1. I agree with the no studying for this next month, enjoy the last few weeks before school starts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! I'm enjoying free time and relaxing so I can hit the ground running when school starts.

      Delete