PA School Update

Monday, August 8, 2016




Hello friends! I apologize for my absence over the last few weeks, but PA school got CRAZY (in both good and not so good ways). Ever since midterms, we've been slammed with exams or quizzes, group presentations, and getting ready for our finals! I cannot believe we are literally 2 weeks away from the end of our first semester. When the upperclassmen told us that the didactic year goes by fast, I thought they were out of their minds. But, I'm glad that I stand corrected. This week is our last week of classes with one final tomorrow (in our Research Methods/Designs class) and then next week we have 5 finals!

So here are a few updates since the last time you heard from me:


In our anatomy class, we moved on to the perineum, the lower limb, and neck after the midterm and now we're currently finishing out the semester with the head. The head in general and the nerves in the head are so complex and difficult to grasp! It definitely requires spending a lot of time learning them, but once you get them, you feel so accomplished!

In our medical physiology and pathophysiology class, we had a huge block of immunology and inflammation lectures and took a test on it that was 30% of our grade. It was the hardest test of the semester in that class. For the last block, we finally started the organ systems! We've gone over the eye, the ear, and taste and smell so far. Today, we started going over some basic dermatology and have one more lecture on it before we are done with material for this semester (a lot more will be taught to us in our clinical medicine class, which starts next semester).

Apart from those two classes, we've basically had presentations going on for the last two weeks in our Intro to PA and Research classes. Both of them went very well and now we only have the finals left (praise the Lord).

On a side note, I got elected as the philanthropy chair for my class! That means I would need to organize service events for our class, such as the health fairs we have coming up in the fall and spring semesters! I am so excited and will have more to share once we get closer to that time.

We also finally got our medical instruments and that has definitely been my #1 favorite thing about school so far!! I got the chance to use them all on my parents one weekend and it was such an exciting moment. In the midst of the chaos and endless hours of studying all these PowerPoints, holding a stethoscope in my hands reminded me of the real reason why I'm here, and what I have to look forward to in the future.

Once we're done with finals, I'm heading down to Raleigh, NC to get far away from the books and a lot closer to the beach :) Any suggestions of restaurants, coffee shops, or things to do down there are welcome! If you guys have any specific school related things you'd want me to talk about or if you have any questions,  just leave me a comment. Send up a prayer for us as we go through our finals week, if your heart so desires. Thanks for stopping by and I hope everyone has a good week!

No comments :

Post a Comment