Nominated for the Liebster Award

Tuesday, March 15, 2016




Hi everyone! I've mixed it up a bit for this blog post. I would usually be wary of a post like this just because I'm usually not too comfortable sharing things about myself, but since this blog itself is out of my comfort zone, I decided to take the challenge! It's also a great way for my readers to get to know more about me. So I was nominated by a really sweet blogger Cherish for the Liebster Award and I'd like to take a moment to say thank you! Cherish is a 2nd year med student who started her blog around the same time I did and does a mix of beauty, med school, and lifestyle posts that I enjoy reading.

So for the Liebster Award, you have to be nominated by a relatively new blogger (no more than 2 years old) and have less then 2000 followers. Since I have been nominated, I have to answer the questions posted by whoever nominated me, nominate 10 other bloggers, and post 10 questions for those new bloggers to answer! Here it goes:
Cherish's Questions

What did you want to be when you grew up?

I wanted to be a teacher! I used to love writing on boards and used to pretend to explain things to my imaginary students ;)
Do you have any summer plans? If so, what?

My biggest event for the summer will be starting PA School in May! But a few weeks before that, my girls and I are planning a trip to the beach to unwind and recharge our batteries.
What is your “holy grail” beauty product?

I discovered Physician's Formula makeup this past summer with my sister and have been using it ever since. The powder is so lightweight I can't even tell I have makeup on and makes my skin feel so soft!
What is your proudest accomplishment for your blog?

For a private person like me, I think just the fact that I started a blog is a big accomplishment. I wanted to reach out to more people and share my journey earlier too but didn't feel comfortable doing that. Starting this blog was a way to step out of my comfort zone and challenge myself and do what I knew I had been wanting to do.
Who (or what) has been your biggest muse/inspiration as of late?

It would have to be Franish. She's a third year Med student and one of the bloggers that inspired me to start my own blog. Her outfit posts are on point and her review posts are so helpful in deciding whether the top you've been thinking about buying is going to be a good purchase or not. I absolutely LOVE her Sunday top three posts and will be starting something along those lines myself soon. And above all, she's so kind to all her readers and interacts with them all the time!
What is your favorite song at the moment?

I would have to say Adele's Hello. It's such a powerful song, I still have not been able to get over it! 
What is your favorite season?

Fall is my favorite time of the year! So when mother nature pretty much jumps from summer to winter and only gives us a few days of fall like weather, this girl is not so pleased. I enjoy watching the leaves change color and the cooler temperatures that give me a reason to wear a scarf. 
Are you a morning or night person?

Definitely a morning person. I can get so much accomplished if I wake up early and get on it. Another one of my favorites is to wake up while everyone in the house is still asleep and enjoy a hot cup of coffee in the early morning tranquility.
What do you do to inspire creativity while brainstorming?

If I'm stuck on something, I usually take a break and come back to it. Finding other sources with similar interests also helps me pull out of my creative block and talking to my close friends and bouncing ideas off of them usually does the trick.
What is your favorite app on your phone?

Pinterest! There are so many different things out there on one platform and I just can't seem to get enough of it. I even used to have "Pinterest parties" with one of my roomies at college where we would sit next to each other and *ooh & ahh* or laugh until we cry at all the pins we would come across. There may have been too many Ryan Gosling's "Hey Girl" pins involved. ;)

My Nominees

The Plum Stethoscope: A Med student's blog. She shares her med school experiences and delicious recipes on her blog.

A Paper Rose: Jenn's Lifestyle and Beauty blog with lots of wise advice about life! She has a way with writing that speaks to my soul.

Sweet Horizon: Catryn has to many ideas and advice to share! From day to day life, to home decor, travel and much more. She's got it all!

Cotton Cashmere Cat Hair: Another great blog with outfit posts. God knows I need as many of these as possible!

Courtney's Little Things: A college student's lifestyle blog. I share her love of pretty stationery and found her blog through Bloglovin'!

The Eternal Race: A great blog for book reviews and witty stories!

Love, Life, and Medicine: A Med student's blog with lifestyle and great outfit posts! 

Pretty Strong Medicine: Heather posts about medical school and fitness on her blog.

The Golden Girl Blog: Jess's blog is an all-rounder! I enjoy getting new recipes from her blog.

A Hearty Home: Being an organization freak and a foodie, I love that Margot has organization tips and recipes along with a lot of great content on her blog.


The Questions

What show do you binge watch on Netflix?

What is the one thing you always do when you start your day?

What do you find most difficult about blogging?

What is your favorite quote?

What makes you smile?

Why did you start your blog?

What quality do you most appreciate in people?

How do you actively reach out to more readers for your blog?

What store is your go to for clothing?

Who is your favorite blogger at the moment?


That's all for now. Thank you for stopping by and have a happy Tuesday! :)





3 comments :

  1. Thank you so much for the nomination! :) I was nominated and wrote a post a little over two years ago, so I'm not going to make another post but I'll answer your questions!

    What show do you binge watch on Netflix?
    I just finished season 1 of Fixer Upper, and now I'm on season 1 of Flip or Flop. I don't have cable anymore and miss watching HGTV!

    What is the one thing you always do when you start your day?
    Look through Stylebook to pick out my outfit (if I don't already know what I'm going to wear).

    What do you find most difficult about blogging?
    Thinking of fresh content! And sometimes getting posts up every other day is a challenge.

    What is your favorite quote?
    For the longest time, it was "Everything happens for a reason." But I don't know... I don't like to think that way about some things, so I guess I'll need to find a new one!

    What makes you smile?
    My kitties! :)

    Why did you start your blog?
    I was inspired by other bloggers, and I was really sick of the way I was dressing! Starting my blog forced me to put more effort into my outfits.

    What quality do you most appreciate in people?
    Honesty!

    How do you actively reach out to more readers for your blog?
    I promote my posts on social media, but that's about it. I don't have the time to dig deeper into that right now unfortunately.

    What store is your go to for clothing?
    Definitely Madewell, but I've been trying to branch out a little bit!

    Who is your favorite blogger at the moment?
    I follow a lot of blogs, but I just recently starting following See Jane, and I love her style! It's very similar to mine but more upscale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's all right. Thank you for answering the questions anyway haha :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for nominating me!! Nothing bonds people like pretty stationary :)

    - Courtney
    courtneylthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete