Three for Tuesday (06.28.2016)

Tuesday, June 28, 2016



                                                       (Words of wisdom from one of my study buddies)

Medicine
  • Falciform ligament is a remnant of the umbilical vein.
  • Apoptosis is programmed cell death that kills cells that are no longer needed or are injured. Increased apoptosis can cause neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's, Huntington's, and Parkinson's diseases.
  • Carbon is the most common exogenous pigment that accumulates in alveolar macrophages. Also, when you get a tattoo, the dermal macrophages take up that pigment giving you the tattoo you want. How cool it that?

PA School
  • Class nomination and elections are happening this week! 
  • We are in full study mode as midterms start this Thursday and go through next week. Wish us luck! Prayers are appreciated :)
  • We started going over the abdominal organs in anatomy (my favorite part of anatomy) last week and will finish it off today. Cannot wait for lab this week to see all the vital organs in person! 

Three Things I'm Grateful For
  • Living in a familiar city. I cannot imagine trying to navigate through a new city with all the chaos of PA school. For those of you who know me, you know how directionally challenged I am.
  • Sleep. So far I've managed to stay on my regular sleep cycle since school started and there's only been two or three days where I did not get enough sleep. 
  • My iPad! I'm so glad I decided to buy an it for school. It's been a lifesaver especially for anatomy. My best friend found an app called Complete Anatomy and it's SO helpful for seeing everything in 3D.

In the Blog World
  • Syrah's open letter to the future of medicine. Preach sister!
  • As a PA student, I've often been told to keep my life balanced to avoid burn out. Erica's post was a great reminder on how important it is to take care of yourself.
  • Wish I could incorporate a scarf into my daily wardrobe for school. How cute is Briana's flamingo-print scarf

No comments :

Post a Comment